Annual report 2019

Shareholders’ structure and share price

Shareholder structure

As at 31 December 2019, there were two shareholders with at least 5% of the total number of votes at the General Shareholders’ Meeting: BNP Paribas and BNP Paribas Fortis SA/NV, jointly holding 88.76% of votes. The remaining part of the Bank’s shares (11.24%) is in free float.

  • In 2019, there were no changes in the Bank’s shareholder structure.
  • The Bank’s shares have been listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange since 27 May 2011. (IPO of Bank Gospodarki Żywnościowej S.A.).
  • The Bank’s shares to which ISIN code PLBGZ0000010 has been assigned are listed on the Main Market of Warsaw Stock Exchange (WSE) under the abbreviated name of BNPPPL, marked BNP.
  • Since 23 September 2019, the shares are included in mWIG40 and mWIG40TR indices.

147,418, 918 Total number of shares

Investor obligation of BNP Paribas concerning the liquidity of the Bank’s shares

As declared by BNP Paribas SA to the Polish Financial Supervision Authority on 14 September 2018, the number of the Bank’s shares that are in free float should have been increased to at least 25% plus one share by the end of 2023, at the latest.

Share price of BNP Paribas Bank Polska SA

During the session on 30 December 2019, the share closing price amounted to PLN 68.00 and was 40.21% higher than on 28 December 2018. In the same period, the WIG Banks index fell by 9.19%.



Share price

The average share price of the Bank’s shares in 2019, as compared to the previous year, increased by 3.26% to PLN 58.90 (PLN 57.04 in 2018). The average volume of trading in the Bank’s shares was 1,860.55 shares per session and the average trading value was PLN 118.26 thousand per session (4,964.31 shares and 205.40 thousand in 2018 respectively). The price reached its maximum on 22 July 2019 (PLN 73.80).

After a significant price decrease in July and August 2018 (the price recorded its annual minimum of PLN 38.00 during the session on 5 September 2018, which coincided with the problems in the capital market caused by a drop in confidence and problems of some investment fund companies) in 2019, the Bank’s share price recovered and reached levels higher than those recorded in 2018. The share price was positively influenced by consistent implementation of the strategy and an increase in the scale of operations and financial results as a consequence of the finalisation of the acquisition of the Core Business of Raiffeisen Bank Polska S.A.

The increased interest in the Bank’s shares is best reflected by the increase in average daily trading volume, which from 399.5 shares in the first quarter of 2019, through 940.95 shares in the next quarter and 2,973.35 shares in the third quarter, reached 3,042.31 shares in the last quarter of 2019. This was reflected in an increase in the average daily trading value, which in the following quarters of 2019 amounted to: PLN 20.01 thousand, PLN 49.91 thousand, PLN 205.59 thousand and PLN 191.00 thousand in the fourth quarter.

PLN 58.90

average share price


average volume of trading

PLN 118.26 thousand

average trading value per session

In the first and second quarter of 2019, the share price remained low (the daily average was PLN 50.01 and PLN 53.03 respectively) with a relatively low average daily trading volume and the average value of trading per session. The third quarter of 2019 brought a significant improvement of the Bank’s share price. The average price increased to PLN 68.75 with a noticeable boost in the average daily trading volume and value.

Eventually, the fourth quarter brought stabilization of the scale of trading with a slight decrease in the average share price (to PLN 58.90). The price drop was related, among other things, to a deterioration in sentiment to bank shares as a result of unfavorable judgments of Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in cases concerning mortgage loans indexed to the Swiss franc (CHF) and a partial refund of commissions on consumer loans repaid early.

The Bank’s share price from 28.12.2018 to 30.12.2019

Change in Bank’s share price vs. WIG-Banks from 28.12.2018 to 30.12.2019 (28.12.2018 = 100%)

Search results